Stilon's history began in Jelenia Góra, where as early as 1946
the first Polish caprolactam was produced, which gave
the appropriate raw material basis for production of polyamide fibres. With the decree issued by the Minister of the Light Industry dated
18 August 1949
the Chemical Fibers Enterprise under construction
in Gorzów was founded. The production was opened as soon as
7 July 1951
. That time the company employed 700 people. In
a modernization process was decided upon, by way of a license purchase. The first half of 1970s
was characterized by a
dynamic rise in production- an intense rebuilding program, an increase in the production capacity of textile yarn, technical yarn and carpet
yarn, introduction of new assortments and innovations in the field of performance properties of offered fibres. With this Stilon became a
modern company, widely known among the manufacturers of polyamide goods in Poland and in Europe
At the end of 1980s
ZWCH STILON consisted of several plants, employing a total of 7,500 people.
The Company's production was heavily burdened by huge company assets, including highly specialized technical units and a wide range of
social activities. Poland's new political and economical situation brought about by the year 1989
forced the Company's management to introduce radical organizational and structural changes. On 30 January 1992
Stilon became a joint-stock company owned
exclusively by the State Treasury. On 12 September 1995
Stilon's shares became part of the National Investment Funds, represented by the
Second National Investment Fund. In the first quarter of 1996
Stilon's employees acquired 15% of the Company's shares (
33% of the shares was owned by the Second National Investment Fund, 27%- by the remaining National Investment Funds and 25%- by the
State Treasury). In 1998 the industrial group Rhodia and Nylstar became the strategic investor in Stilon S.A. 2003 the company was divided into three parts.
Under Stilon company, owned by Nylstar, remained the production of textile yarns; the production of technical polymer chips and monofilaments
were taken over by another companies from Rhodia group. 2008
was year of next owner's change - the owner of Stilon company became the
polish group Martis.
ZWCH STILON S.A. is the company with almost 60 years history, which had considerable impact on development
of the town Gorzów Wlkp. as well known industrial and cultural site in Poland. Thanks to STILON in Gorzów Wlkp. were built many sport and
recreation objects as well as culture and education institutions.